Many developers I have worked with “have asked to share” an SEO Expert Web Migration and Launch Checklist in order to make their job easier.
Consult this checklist when you are rebuilding a website in a new framework, redesigning the entire site from scratch, updating an old version, switching from an HTML site to WordPress, or simply just switching WordPress frameworks.
1. Backup Old Site (using Backupbuddy, Duplicator, dragging physical files via ftp protocol from server to your local computer, zipping files via cpanel)
2. Backup database, if you haven’t or were not able to do so in step 1.
3. If wordpress, then export all of the content via tools WordPress export. If woocommerce export all of the products in CSV
4. Copy Google Analytics codes, as well as any root verification files, such as Webmasters verification, pinterests
5. Copy robots.txt file
6. Make a screenshot of all of the plugins used on the current sites (our recommended WP plugins are, SEO Yoast, Flamingo, Backupbuddy, DB Contact form 7, Contact form 7, Jet Pack, disable all comments, Ithemes security, gravity forms and woo-commerce if ecommerce site, broken link checker, Redirection)
7. Make sure to install migration plugins SEO Data Transporter for copying over entire SEO Yoast data as well as Velvet blue for URL string replacement
8. After lunch do the following test. A. Permalinks, B. Google Analytics test, C. Submit site to Webmaster tools, D. Blog post to test Jetpack Settings., E. Robots.txt test
SEO Expert Danny team wishes you a successful site rebuilding, redesigning and launching!